The Lace Giraffe

The Lace Giraffe


Get your own Digital Clock

Do What You Like, Like What You Do!
Thanks for visiting.
If you want to see a picture closer up,
just click on it and it will appear larger.
Please leave a comment before you leave.






Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest, but about who came and never left your side.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Sympathy - Big Buckle Card

This was my first Big Buckle Card.

This is when the 'buckle' is undone.

This is the inside. I printed the sentiment from the computer.



To make this card I used a standard A2 sized card. 4 1/4 by 5 1/2. I then cut off an one inch strip from the front which I used as the buckle. I used the SU small oval punch to make the buckle window. I cut a sheet of print paper a little smaller than my card base and glued the buckle behind it before securing it to the back of the card. I then use my nestablilies Label die to cut two layers for the flower base. I embossed the white layer with the Swiss Dot folder. I then used the three step SU owl punch to make the tulip. Yes, I use the tulip punch to make the flower. It was so simple and I love love it. I use 3 D dots to make the flower stand out after inking the edges. I use a 2 inch circle punch to make the leaves and inked those, too. I added a bow and stamped the inside with a sympathy sentiment from a SU stamp set. Love love SU stamp sets and punches. Also their Card stock is to die for.



1 comment:

OCCricut said...

That is really a cool idea. Haven't seen the buckle card before...will have to try!!

TFS!!